Wednesday, August 31, 2011

oops!

I messed this one up good! I have this pan, it makes food in the shape of a bowl. You cook it, take it out, and put stuff inside it and it looks neat. I thought I would get creative with meatloaf since everyone is kind of grossed out by the thought of it. I put it in the bowl pan and cooked it. When I tried to get it out of the pan, I ended up with what looked like dog food. I had to share this one. I know we have all messed up in the kitchen, and I just wanted to show how a mess up can turn out amazing!

So first I'll start with the meatloaf.

2 lbs beef
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1onion
2 carrots
2 sticks of celery
red pepper flakes
salt
pepper

Chop up all the veggies. Food process, whatever. Saute them in butter with the red pepper flakes until everything is tender. Combine all ingredients and DO NOT put them in the stupid bowl pan. Cook it in a loaf pan for about 1 1/2 hours @ 350.

thinly slice and onion and caramelize it with butter. ( Just cook it on medium until it turns brown and smells really good!)

I also served green beans. I like the long skinny ones. I boil them for about 1 minute, drain them, and then cook them in the skillet that I used for the onions. Add butter, salt, pepper, & garlic. Cook for another minute.

Mashed sweet potatoes with butter and salt make this a great meal! There were no leftovers!

1 comment: