Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Hint of Thanksgiving!

 About 5 times a year I make something Thanksgiving - ish. I just love holiday food so much, it's not fair to have it only once a year. Today I made turkey tetrazzini. I served it with mashed potatoes and cornbread stuffing. Again, I got this recipe from taste of home.com. It has got to be my favorite website for recipes. Every recipe is fantastic. And once again, my changes will be in (parenthesis)


Directions

  • Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with turkey; set aside.
  • In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Whisk in the soup, milk, poultry seasoning and mustard until blended. Stir in cheddar cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. ( You really don't need to wait for it to melt.) Pour over turkey.
  • Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.


This casserole makes a great sauce. I like to put it on top of mashed potatoes so that I can have a sort of gravy. Enjoy!

P.S. I can't figure out why the recipe is backwards. I put it on with ingredients first, and then directions. Why does it change once I post it? Who knows. Hopefully you can navigate around the hiccup!


Ingredients

  • 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, broken in half ( Whole weat)
  • 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
  • 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese ( I only use 1/2 cup of both cheeses.)
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
  • Minced fresh parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment